July 31, 2010

Chicken Enchiladas




This one was so good that it gets two pictures! I have wanted to make chicken enchiladas for a long time. I don't know why though, because they are not one of my favorite Mexican foods. I hate the red sauce and usually don't order them or order them with just cheese. However, this one was called "Angela's Awesome Chicken Enchiladas". With a title like that they have to be good right? Right! The red sauce kind of soaked in to them so I could only taste it on the edges. Matthew was quite impressed he actually told me that I had to put this on my blog. He then preceded to tell me that this was a recipe we could serve to people. I am not sure what he meant by this. Is my other food not good enough to serve to people? He does not think sometimes. Anyway back to the enchiladas, they were good, but they were a pain to make. So make sure you leave yourself a couple hours to get them done. I think next time I will cook the chicken and some of the spices in the crock-pot so they will be easy to shred. Hopefully, this will make things go faster. Also, this was NOT a healthy recipe. We did use reduced fat cheese and fat free sour cream. That makes me feel a bit better about it. I also left off the olives, because neither of us like them.
Angela's Awesome Enchiladas
Okay, I am not even going to bother retyping this recipe. It is long. Just follow the link.
Source: All Recipes

2 comments:

  1. Megs, If you like Mexican and soup I have a really good recipe for Taco Soup. :) It is pretty grown up, you could probably alter it slightly and make it more of a tortilla soup as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds good! I would love to see it. We both LOVE Mexican and soup.

    ReplyDelete