July 30, 2010

Pierogies


I can't believe that I married a man who doesn't like pierogies. Seriously? It is pasta, cheese, and mashed potatoes! What could be better? This is my go to meal when Matt is not at home. Someday I will be more Martha Stewarty and make my own pierogies (they are one of her favorite foods too!), but for now I am pretty content with the frozen ones. If you have never tried a pierogie you should do it now. Schwann's are by far the best but Mrs. T's are good too. However, you can only get the cheese flavored ones. The onion ones are not worth your time. Also, the ones in the ISU cafeteria should not even be called pierogies. They were gross: undercooked, covered with marinara, and nacho cheese. It was not good. The only way to make these is to saute them with onions and butter. Adding salt, pepper, and chives doesn't hurt either.

No comments:

Post a Comment